Featured Post

Another New Book Available: States of the Union, The History of the United States through Presidential Addresses, 1789-2023

Mount Greylock Books LLC has published States of the Union: The History of the United States through Presidential Addresses, 1789-2023.   St...

Saturday, April 13, 2024

More on States of the Union

     I have recorded and posted this seven-minute video about my new book, States of the Union, on youtube.  If you like it please pass it on to anyone you know who might be interested--and feel free to post comments! Thanks.  

2 comments:

Jeff said...

First of all, I think it was very astute of you to use scripts of State of the Union addresses to provide a "keyhole" into the many varied political landscapes of our history as a nation. Much easier, for example, than reviewing hunreds of newspaper editorials to glean the same[?] insights. Secondly, I wonder if there were any unexpected revelations or insights gathered by you through this process.

Its a very interesting concept and I am inclined to purchase the book. Thanks.

David Kaiser said...

Thanks, Jeff. I hope you'll post a review on amazon.