Featured Post

Another New Book Available: States of the Union, The History of the United States through Presidential Addresses, 1789-2023

Mount Greylock Books LLC has published States of the Union: The History of the United States through Presidential Addresses, 1789-2023.   St...

Thursday, December 28, 2006

End of year announcements

I will be taking the next week off. Meanwhile, may I remark that Gerald Ford, despite a totally undistinguished previous career as a legislator, was surely the most underrated President of my lifetime--a very moderate and sensible man who made some outstanding appointments, especially in the domestic sphere (John Paul Stevens and Edward Levi come to mind).

People continue to leave comments that either expect a response or expect me to recognize them. I must remind you all that everything you say comes to me as anonymous. Unless you actually do idenify yourself or contact me at dkaiser@williams.edu, I won't be able to comment or reply.

Happy New Year!

No comments: